How to use Mojang mappings for your Minecraft plugin with Maven. Works for Bukkit, Spigot or Paper Minecraft plugins.
I’ll explain what mappings are, and what is the difference between Spigot and Mojang mappings really. You’ll understand how to get a remapped Spigot jar and hook it with your plugin, then I’ll give you a remapping script to compile your plugin after you are done coding it so it will work on any server.
In this episode, we’re going to cover:
- What are Mojang mappings — And the difference between obfuscated names, Spigot mappings and Mojang mappings.
- Using BuildTools — Getting remapping Spigot jar with Mojang mappings using a special argument with BuildTools.
- Compiling your remapped plugin — How to remap your plugin back from using Mojang into Spigot mappings (for legal reasons) when compiling it automatically.
- Project: Mob AI — Creating a Snowman mob using customized pathfinders using Mojang mappings
- N/A — The custom mob AI code in the video comes from the premium plugin Winter. Just follow the video and you should be able to reproduce the code on any MC version.
- Ep1. Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot and NMS
- Ep17. Libraries & APIs
- Ep19. Packets & ProtocolLib
- Ep23. Understanding NMS
- What Are Mappings — A downloadable PDF explaining what the different mappings are.
- Using Mojang Mappings worksheet — An actionable worksheet on how to get started using Mojang mappings.
- Luyten decompiler — A updated fork of Luyten, a Java decompiler I am using in this or the last video.
Learn To Use NMS In Minecraft Plugins (Spigot or Mojang Mappings)
NMS is one of the most confusing and complicated concepts in Minecraft.
There’s barely any resources for learning NMS, and the vast majority of those online are painfully outdated, disorganized or lacking.
We’ve created a complete class on learning NMS and OBC called NMS Advanced. It contains 7 weeks of lessons on custom pathfinders & AI, particles, animations, packets, NBT tags and so much more, including Spigot AND Mojang mappings tutorial for any Minecraft version.
You’ll get 2x/weekly 1:1 calls to review your code and get your questions answered, plus a 1,900+ community on Discord and our private portal, covered by 30-day guarantee. Click here to learn more!