We’ll create custom Snowman entity with pathfinders to illustrate what NMS is, how it works and how you can start making Minecraft plugins using NMS.
I’ll show you how to make NMS work for Minecraft 1.8.8 to the latest one (two approaches).
In this episode, we’re going to cover:
- What is NMS/OBC — An illustrated example how NMS works.
- Spigot vs Mojang mappings — What are they and how to get started with Spigot mappings. (We’ll cover Mojang mappings in the next video.)
- Multi-version NMS — The differences in NMS for Minecraft 1.4.7-1.16 and 1.17+.
- Importing NMS — The fastest way to start using NMS in your plugin on top of Spigot/Paper.
- Custom entity AI — An sample code from premium plugin Winter with a custom entity using a pathfinder.
- N/A — The custom mob AI code in the video comes from the premium plugin Winter. Just follow the video and you should be able to reproduce the code on any MC version.
- Luyten decompiler — A updated fork of Luyten, a Java decompiler I am using in the video.
Learn To Use NMS In Minecraft Plugins
NMS is one of the most confusing and complicated concepts in Minecraft.
There’s barely any resources for learning NMS, and the vast majority of those online are painfully outdated, disorganized or lacking.
We’ve created a complete class on learning NMS and OBC called NMS Advanced. It contains 7 weeks of lessons on custom pathfinders & AI, particles, animations, packets, NBT tags and so much more, including Spigot AND Mojang mappings tutorial for any Minecraft version.
You’ll get 2x/weekly 1:1 calls to review your code and get your questions answered, plus a 1,900+ community on Discord and our private portal, covered by 30-day guarantee. Click here to learn more!