Custom model data is a numeric NBT tag written inside of an item model JSON in Minecraft, used to display multiple variants of already existing items.
We can use this as a “hack” to add our own textures and items without Forge or any client side mods. All you need is a resource pack.
In this video, we’ll cover:
- Creating a custom resource pack — Step-by-step how to make a custom resource pack with custom model data.
- Using /give to get custom items — No-code solution to obtain custom items using /give.
- Java – manipulating ItemStack — Using Spigot API to write code giving us a custom item stack with model data.
- MinePack — Sample resource pack we create in this video with all code and textures.
- Give command generator — The /give command format generator.
Learn To Make Minecraft Plugins
Creating Minecraft plugins can be confusing, and many YouTube tutorials are old, disorganized and provide no support when you get stuck.
If you want to improve your Java skills and develop Minecraft plugins, check out Project Orion. It’s a step-by-step Java, Spigot and Paper API training with no previous coding experience needed. It has minigames, custom mobs, anti-piracy, dungeons, claims and so much more!
You’ll get 7 weeks of video training supported by 2x/weekly calls, a certificate of completion, JetBrains paid license and a 2,000+ member community. On top of that, you are covered under a 30-day guarantee from the day you start learning. Click here to learn more!