Some of our plugins such as ChatControl offer incredible backward compatibility. Because it is illegal to redistribute a modified Bukkit that would make it easier, we require some extra steps to get it working.
Here is a step-by-step 5-minute guide on getting these plugins to work with ancient Minecraft versions:
Before you start:
- Please only use Java 8 with Minecraft versions older than 1.16.5!
- Ensure you have the -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 flag in your server start-up script, see this link.
Instructions for specific Minecraft versions:
Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.6.4, 1.5.2, 1.4.7:
You need to install BungeeChatAPI.
Minecraft 1.4.7 and older:
Our menu system won’t work due to tons of missing libraries.
Broken, do not use.
- Do NOT install BungeeChatAPI. Install OldMCSupport instead.
- Stop your server. Open craftbukkit.jar (the main server jar file) and leave it open, you will need it for later, navigate to META-INF, open MANIFEST.MF and set Sealed to false for all keys. Save the file inside the jar. You can use WinRar to do that, or any other program that supports opening archives.
- Open OldMCSupport.jar file, navigate to org/bukkit/craftbukkit/scheduler, then in your other window with craftbukkit.jar opened, navigate to the same path, and drag the CraftScheduler class from OldMCSupport into the server jar. Example: I dragged the single file from the top to the bottom window, see below: